- "New perspectives on internationalization research: Making way for the next generation", workshop presentation
- "Inclusive Internationalization in Practice", panel discussion
March 2018 - Visiting academic, CHEI PhD Research Seminar, Centre for Higher Education Internationalisation, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy
- "New perspectives on internationalisation research: Making way for the next generation"
- "Internationalisation in a national context: Reflections on Australia and Ireland"
April-July 2015 - Tutor, Managing Tertiary International Education postgraduate unit, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Forming part of the Master of Tertiary Education Management, this online unit provides an overview of the key conceptual ideas as well as the diverse manifestations of internationalisation globally and in Australia. This unit introduces and examines the international strategies and practices of universities, as well as highlighting leadership and management challenge.
October 2011 & 2012 - Lead presenter, pre-conference workshops, Australian International Education Conference (AIEC)
- 2012 - "International Relations: Developing People and Partnership Engagement Frameworks For Your Institution”, Melbourne, Australia
- 2011 - “International relations: through people and partnerships”, Adelaide, Australia
- These workshops outlined key strategies for the coordination and leverage of partnerships and individual relationships for institutional gain, reflecting on the synergies between international engagement activities, marketing/profiling/brand management and international recruitment strategies. Participants identified how different institutions sought to maximise outcomes from multiple partnerships and stakeholders (including alumni). Different approaches to public diplomacy and government influence in international engagement were also considered.
Sep 1994-Nov 1997 - Lecturer, English language/comparative linguistics, France & New Caledonia
- Sep 1994-May 1995 - Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne, France: responsible for preparing and teaching specialist English classes for undergraduate Law and Economics students
- Jun 1995-May 1997 - Université Française du Pacifique, Noumea, New Caledonia: gave classes in spoken English, written comprehension and British & Anglophone civilisation to first/second year students in the Arts and Science faculties
- Jan 1997-May 1997 - Institut Universitaire pour la Formation des Maîtres (IUFM), Noumea, New Caledonia: prepared postgraduate students for the oral literature component of the French competitive examination (concours) to enter secondary teaching
- Oct 1997-Nov 1997 - Université Robert Schuman, Strasbourg: prepared and delivered a series of lectures on English language and comparative linguistics for Honours and postgraduate Law students
June 2015 - Melbourne Teaching Certificate for Graduate Researchers, The University of Melbourne
- The Melbourne Teaching Certificate for Graduate Researchers is a professional development course for graduate researchers. It is a foundation course focusing on the fundamental principles of effective teaching for learning in higher education. The certificate provides an introduction to the theory and practice of teaching and strategies to address common ‘first time’ teaching challenges through seminars and group discussion.